WHAT IS D2space?


The Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended) puts uses of land and buildings into various categories known as ‘Use Classes’. This Order is periodically amended.


1. Area for Indoor or Outdoor sports and recreations (except for motor sports, or where firearms are used)​

2. Bingo Halls

3. Boxing Clubs

4. Cinemas​

5. Dance Halls (but not night clubs)​​

6. Function Halls & Rooms

7. Gymnasiums

8. Music & Concert Halls​​​

9. Pilates Studios

10. Skating Rinks

11. Social Clubs

12. Swimming Baths

13. Trampoline Parks

14. Yoga Centres

It is generally the case that you will need planning permission to change from one use class to another, although there are exceptions where the legislation does allow some changes between uses.
For example, A3 uses can change to A1 uses without the need for planning permission. However, if you are proposing to change the use of a premises or land, you should always seek advice from the local planning authority to confirm whether planning permission is required or not.
d1space.co.uk works with a number of different consultants on behalf of clients and can make recommendations in this regard.