INFORMATION ABOUT OUR USE OF YOUR DATA
- What information do we store?
We store personal data on individuals and companies with whom we have dealings including;
- Private individuals
The information all password secured includes;
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Location information
- Records of communications
In some cases additional information is gathered, including;
- Bank details see below
- Details of proof of identity
- Ownership of goods offered for rent/sale including descriptions, images and other relevant information
Information is collected from you when you register with us, or when you contribute to, or use some of the advanced features on the site.
We only collect credit / debit card information in order to process transactions. D1 Space Ltd. does not retain any customer credit / debit card information and are fully PCI compliant.
- Reasons for holding information
We hold and store information for the following reasons;
- Record keeping for Taxation: PAYE, pensions and NI for employees and partners.
- Provision against money laundering: to confirm our compliance with cash limits and to enable us to assist authorities with relation to tax, money laundering and theft investigations where asked to provide information.
- To combat fraud and forgery unlimited by time.
- Details of services provided / goods sold for accounting purposes and tax purposes including Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Artist’s resale rights and VAT.
- Details including images of properties viewed and / or acquired for our clients
- Bank details of staff, partners, suppliers, buyers and sellers held in our back office accounting system and on our third party bank website for recurring payments.
4. Where is information held, and who has access to it?
All main contact details, descriptions and images are held in our back office systems. For ease of access and efficiency this is accessible to all staff via a password protection entry mechanism.
Certain details such as bank information, salary details and bank account information are accessed only by key members of staff (including Payroll Accountants and / or Partners).
Email and other contact information including addresses are also in our accounting, email and back office systems and are accessible to staff.
All staff computers are password protected to the individual user. For security reasons passwords are retained by the us in a secure environment.
It is essential for the efficient running of the business for all staff to have free and quick access to computers where data is stored in the office.
In consultation with our IT consultants we are constantly reviewing and monitoring the security of the data we hold.
All computers have updated anti-virus software installed and key systems have encrypted information stored on them.
All data collected for marketing purposes is through our website. Customers who create an account online have the option to tick a box to receive marketing emails and to select specific marketing emails on certain areas of interest. Customers can modify these selections from the website and can unsubscribe at any time including on receipts of all emails from us.
A cookie is a text file sent by a web server – a device where one or more websites are stored – to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The text file is then sent back to the web server each time the web browser requests a page from the web server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser and provide richer user experiences for visitors to a web site.
Our website is powered by the WordPress Web Content Management System (CMS). By default this automatically installs a cookie into your web browser as soon as you visit this website. Below, this cookie is referred to as a “session” cookie; that means, the cookie lasts only as long as your current session when using our website.
Below is a full list of cookies that we currently use on this website at the time of writing this update:
- Cookies from Google Analytics. These cookies are installed in a visitor’s web browser when they agree to have cookies stored on their web access device. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We can then use the resulting data to generate reports that can help us improve the website experience. These cookies collect data anonymously; the resulting information allows us to identify the number of visitors who have come to the website, where visitors have come from, and which web pages visitors viewed while on our website.
- WordPress Session Cookies (for example: ddfd5b8e2eb21abeda21d8f744ea3c4a) = cookies that are part of WordPress website Content management System (CMS) for this installation, normally automatically installed into a visitor’s web browser when visiting this website. The cookies are active only for the current session, and are deleted when the web browser is closed.
If you choose not to accept cookies, then only the standard WordPress cookie will load and be active until you close your web browser, the website will not function as intended and some facilities will be unavailable.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. This choice will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Most browser companies provide instructions on disabling cookies on their web sites. The most popular browser companies are listed below:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
You can learn more about cookies at AboutCookies.org.
- Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at the address below;
D1 Space Ltd,
Suite 505, 275 New North Road,
London N1 7AA